Re: [LUG] seprating audio

Steve Marvell wrote:
> I like to listen to tunes which are on my computer through my
> stereo. What I don't like is it being interemixed with system
> sounds. I wish I could ahve one set of sounds coming though the PC and
> one set through the stereo.
>
> Is there a route for that?
>
> Steve

If Ubuntu (8.04) you can specify what sounds come out of what device (I
presume it's a feature of Gnome) but then you'd probably need multiple
sound cards or a way of splitting a 5.1 channel sound card into two
virtual cards (I think this can be done with an Alsa configuration).

It worked for me with two sound cards, one on board, and another added in.

Rob