Re: [LUG] Remove windows

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:31:17PM +0000, Simon Robert wrote:
>
>> How can I delete the xp partition and give it to ubuntu?
>>

> Boot from the live cd and use gparted to delete the windows partition, then
> move the ubuntu ext3 partition "down" the disk (to the left) to cover the
> space previously used by windows, then expand the ubuntu ext3 partition up
> to cover the gap created between it and the swap partition.
>
> Job done.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

how does that affect where grub loads from for the operating system

on my system, hda1 is windows, (and where grub is  (mbr), and hda7 is
where linux is,  if I delete hda1, and hda2 (data), it means that hda7
in theory is no longer linux,  as hda7 becomes hda(something else) and
grub or boot loader needs updating to suit

if that makes any sense

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug