Re: [LUG] OT Virus

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:21:10 +0000
peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello peter,

> I mentioned Yahoo said I had a virus.  It appears that the problem was
> having the word "Photos" in the subject!  So I sent some "Pictures"
> instead.
> Strange.

Only if you believe Yahoo is staffed by people that work within normal
parameters.   :-)

I mean, basing a virus warning on words, rather than /actually/
*testing* for a virus is doomed to failure.  Sooner or later, false
positives occur, as you've found out.

Yahoo, like Google, are a law unto themselves.  Both are to be avoided
if at all possible.

--
 Regards  _

I don't believe you have to be an idiot to get somewhere these days
Bombsite Boy - The Adverts