Re: [LUG] Wanted please - OT Specs for distros

David Bell wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 13:29:39 Tom Potts wrote:
>
>> I've got a 64 Bit sempron @ 1.8GHz and yast is like treacle!
>> Any of the versions I've tried (RH/Suse/*ubuntu) all have package managers
>> that grind to a halt once you've got more that a couple of apps loaded!
>
> Easily solved Tom :)
>
> http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=246288&CatId=0

Ouch that's expensive.

Then again, I suppose it is a top of the range chip.

Tom, what board do you have, if it's an AM2 board you may be able to
upgrade to an Athlon X2 fairly cheaply.  I'm sure there is an Athlon X2
out for about 25 quid (basically it's a dual core Sempron badged as an
Athlon, but for 25 quid you can't do wrong).

Rob