Re: [LUG] Wanted please - OT Specs for distros

Rob Beard wrote:
> David Bell wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 March 2008 14:46:15 Tom Potts wrote:
>>
>>> Davids request for spare equipt made me wonder if we could compile a 'spec'
>>> for distros db.
>> SuSE 9.1 is still working happily after 2 years on a 100% recycled component
>> Duron 750Mhz with 256 RAM.
>>

> Debian with XFCE runs happily on an old Athlon 700MHz with 128MB memory.
>   IIRC I tried Xubuntu too but it wouldn't boot properly.
>
> I'll see how Xubuntu runs on an old K6/2 450 later on this week.
>
> Rob

Considering it ran fine on a P3 450 laptop for me, I shouldn't imagine
you'll have many problems, providing you have enough memory.
Incidentally, if you'd like any help with setting up/configuring stuff
for your community centre project, email me off-list and I'd be
delighted to do what I can.

Sam