Re: [LUG] Asterisk HELP!

On 07/03/08 10:09:19, Luke Tudor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently configured asterisk and successfully setup some
> extensions. I have also been able to get a PSTN number that rings my
> asterisk box from any normal phone, and sign up with voiptalk to make
> outgoing calls from my asterisk box to any normal phone number.
>
> I'm well impressed with myself!!!

Well Done!

> However;
>
> (1) If some one calls, they get my IVR menu (press 1 etc, press 2,
> etc). If they dial a landline number during the prompts, asterisk
> routes the call out (as defined in the extensions.conf). I don't want
> callers to be able to trick the system in making free calls!!!!

Put the incoming callers into a different context to your internal
extensions.

My incoming was a simple, dial command, before I got clever with
callerid lookup and blocking etc.

> How can I ensure that only certain extensions can use this particular
> dial rule? Therefore stopping incoming callers from being able to
> make
> outbound calls, and maybe stopping certain extensions from being able
> to dial externally?

Easy option is to have you extensions in different contexts, or you
need some programing, to do it.

> (2) How can I setup call forwarding so the extension rings for X
> seconds and then transfers to someones mobile?

timeout options on the dial command
dial(1234,30,t)
the 30 is the timeout time.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\