Re: [LUG] DNS Settings

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Simon
>
> Thanks for continuing to look into this. It is very helpful.
>
> On 29/02/2008, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The DNS settings for the domain are clearly wrong.
>>
>>  So some servers say 89.151.114.34 and some say 81.29.86.68 mystery
>>  solved - just fix the DNS so all the authoritative servers use the
>>  correct source for the data and all will be well.
>>
> The 81.29 address is the server it used to be hosted on with different
> dns settings. I deleted it from that server and transferred the
> address to the new server which is the 89.151 address. I then changed
> the dns settings which are the ones currently being used. For some
> reason it is still being resolved in some waay to the 81.29 address
> and I don't know why. I have been chatting to other folks who suggest
> that the problem could be the .eu domain name which has caused
> problems for other people.
>
> Any ideas where to go please? Thanks.

http://www.intodns.com/lostwithiel.eu

Its not the .eu domain you have missed configuration of something. The
whois says:

Nameservers:
   ns.rockhost4.co.uk
   ns0.dedipower.net
   ns2.dedipower.net
   ns1.dedipower.net

Which you have already said is wrong so I suggest you fix that. But
before you do ns.rockhost3.co.uk which is listed in your SOA as the
master DNS source doesn't seem to know anything about your domain. The
server that is serving the incorrect record is ns.rockhost4.co.uk.