Re: [LUG] Unhelpful banks and Contact Us Website Help]

Hello Tony

On Monday 25 February 2008 09:50:59 Tony Sumner wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2008, William Rodney Sheaff was like:

> The login page starts https:// but Konqueror
> doesn't seem to keep that, it just records www.* is that right?

If by  www.*   you mean something like: <www.norwichunion.com> perhaps it is.
If you meant literally just:    www.*  (i.e. exactly those five characters)
it looks wrong. In my case I didn't even enter the www.* bit, just
nwolb.com , firstdirect.com etc. (no http://, no www , no https://). I
suppose that just means  Konqueror uses the chosen browser identity for all
site names containing ...nwolb.com... , irrespective of the protocol and
irrespective of what else the page address contains. So in the norwich union
case, I would do:

Settings > Configure Konqueror > Browser Identification > New

Then try 'norwichunion.com' in the top white box ('When browsing the following
site:') - no http / https or www . Then select whatever identification
Norwich Union claims ought to work.

As an experiment I just now tried logging in to my bank with firefox - no
problems. But that's NatWest not Norwich Union.

HTH

Rod

--
'Dunsland',