Re: [LUG] Asus eeePC

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:10:20 +0000
John Hansen wrote:

> Simon,
>
> I am still unclear about how to file documents to my 4 gig SD card or
> 1 gig USB drive. Is there an easy way like in Windows XP where when I
> "save as" get the option to save to an external drive?
>
> John

As per my earlier reply about this, if it is automounted (which other
people's replies would suggest it is), then you can find out *where* it
is mounted by:

cat /proc/mounts

and looking for the appropriate entry.  You'll know which entry it is
because it corresponds with the last couple of lines from:

dmesg

after you plug in the card.

So, to summarise... plug in the card/pen, run "dmesg" and look at the
most recent entries to find out what the device is called, then run
"cat /proc/mounts" to find out where that device has been automounted.
Hey presto you know where to save your files.

Hope this helps.

Grant.