Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Re: Contact Us Website Help]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:46:55 +0000
Tony Sumner wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2008, John Hansen was like:
>
> > You might care to look at the websites of ADVFN
>
> I don't really want to play the stock market. My financial adviser is
> local so I can pop in and talk to him and he recommended this Norwich
> Union lark because I can look at the investments and get a current
> balance and also he can look at all his clients portfolios and advise
> them on what to do, if anything. This sounds good to me because I hate
> money and I would much prefer someone else to look after it for me.
>
> I think what I have to do is re-install Windows XP and get rid of the
> 'limited or no connectivity' nonsense. Then (sigh) I can talk to NU
> with Windows. I'll still keep on at them about how wicked they are
> though.
>
> There is a way of Firefox pretending to be something else isn't
> there? I forget how this works. Can you also get Firefox to
> masquerade the OS?
>
> Tony Sumner

Was going to suggest XP in a VM, but Neil has beaten me to it. :D

There is an extension that allows Firefox to use the IE rendering
engine, but it's aimed at Firefox users on Windows anyway - I'm not
sure how you'd go about it with Firefox running natively on Linux and
maybe IE under Wine maybe?

But, if you're going down that route, you might want to take a look at
this site:
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

Grant.