Re: [LUG] OT: What the ....

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:54:07 +0000
> David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
>> Solution - after trying a 4th blank "Verbatim" disk it worked.
>> It's the first time I have used the brand for a couple of years.  Has
>> anyone else had problems recently with them?
>
> Not recently, no.  Like you, it's been a couple of years since I used
> them, though.
>
> Theoretically, as coasters were produced, and a good disk was also
> produced, you /should/ be able to get a refund or exchange on the faulty
> disks.  Proving to the retailer that the disks were at fault, and not
> you/your software, would no doubt prove difficult.  Maybe take the
> issue up with Verbatim themselves?   This may prove a better
> alternative, as they're the ones that stand to lose out if they get
> "bad-mouthed".

If you get them from SVP they have a no quibble warranty and will
replace/refund the discs.  Never used it myself though as I generally
only get one or two bad discs so it's not worth the hassle.

Are they CDs or DVDs?

You might have to update the firmware on the writer if it's a DVD
(updated firmware's support newer media/dye types).

Generally Verbatim are really good for me, although saying that my dad
did have some problems with some DVD-RW media, maybe it's a bad batch?

Rob