Re: [LUG] Friendly!

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2008, at 20:42, Julian Hall wrote:
>
>> Clare Shepherd wrote:
>>> Is anyone, but Paul, under 60? I certainly am not.
>>>
>>> Clare
>>>
>> *waves*
>>
>> 37 here :)  Other side of the Severn Bridge too :)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Julian
>>
>> --
>
> A mere boy-chap, Julian.
>
> Clare

Folks, 20080219
As a seventh decade learner - still learning my way with Linux in part
time retirement, I feel I am in young company..
Originally worked with a 1957 computer maintained by a staff of about
150 persons including glassblowers to repair valves, so I do
appreciate the ease of Gnu/Linux on a wee computer.
PC LinuxOS is  user friendly,(better wireless detection) more so than
Ubuntu, but Ubuntu is easier to upgrade, while SuSE is easier to
repair /sort etc with YaST but I go back to Knoppix for  real  use if
any problems in Windows or Linux on a triple boot system.
I experiment  on various distros ass they each have strong points and
weak points.

Regards
Eion MacDonald