Re: [LUG] Friendly!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:01:31 +0000
christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Dear Linuxers,
> As your bean-brained OAP member I'd like to report that I bought issue 88 of Linux
> Magazine today and have put Mandriva Powerpack 2008 from the DVD on my spare
> computer and it has been exceedingly friendly and after a few hours
> acquaintanceship - as a non-tech fellow - I'm much impressed  with it.
> Do we have another friendly OS for newbies? I hope so.
> Oh! A review of the Eee as well!
> Cheers,
> Grandad Bee
> --
I too used Mandrake/Mandriva for many years. I started with v7.1 and
stayed with v9.1 for a long time. I did move on to Mandriva 2006 but
then tried Kubuntu which I am still using. I found M/M very easy and
friendly. But I must add that I find Kubuntu easy too. And at the
moment I plan to stay with it.

By the way, you are not the only OAP on the list.

Neil Winchurst