Re: [LUG] GNU/Linux lab

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 11:55 +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:

> I'm up for suggestions.  As I've alluded to in previous messages to
> this list, I am trying to establish if I/we could "hire" one of
> Cornwall College Camborne's IT labs (sans equipment) for the occasional
> Saturday.
So, let's book a meeting soon and get it going. My sneaky idea was to
start "mainstream" rather than "add-on". But whatever gets us going.
>   I am also keen on getting "official" GNU/Linux courses
> running at the College - maybe start with Ubuntu Desktop or something.
Dunno the best place to start. Certainly "Beginning with GNU/Linux"
would be one way. Otherwise a series on various software packages - open
to Windows users as well as Linux. The idea would be that within the
mix, there's always be the possibility (strong) of cross-fertilising.
Like the farmer leaning over the hedge to find out what his neighbour is
doing.

For example, the recent LXF special on OOo went - no back copies
available, unlike the Web Design special.

Another topic might be "re-using an older computer" with today's best OS
and SW. Which makes me think a seminar for the local green groups might
work. I'll make some enquiries.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk