[LUG] GNU/Linux lab

Dear Grant and all

I wonder if we could help towards a permanent setup at the College? If
we took our own discussions one stage further, starting with questions
Grant answers, maybe we could pay a visit to see a demonstration of
whatever it was. If you agree, Grant, you could log these visits and
mention they were happening. I am sure there would be call to see a demo
of more or less anything that came up. I'd certainly support this by
coming along and putting questions.

I am sure that short visits covering various sectors of computer use,
hardware and software issues, networking, programming, you name it,
could be popular enough, even with individuals, to prove there was
interest and a service the College could develop.

Another tack could be to prove course designs by trying sessions out, or
by bringing in one of the group to input to Grant about something he is
interestd in or relevant to this development, showing it was a 2-way
process.

I am sure there are lots of routes and possibilities. That's my
2-penn'orth.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk