Re: [LUG] can't access tty; job control turned off

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2008 18:09, Simon Robert wrote:
>> Very annoyingly windows xp installs perfectly! No network, but that's
>> probably down to drivers?
> I've not used the XP virus much - can it run any forms of diagnostics as it
> sounds like there is something wrong with the PC you're trying to install on?
> If you can get any diagnostics run on the thing that might help....
> Tom te tom te tom

it'd be a lot easier if this was the case. Windows installs flawlessly.
And having stuck in the disk of driver utilities I'd not bothered with
as I didn't want XP the ethernet connection is detected, DHCP running
etc etc. As is sound driver and graphics (all nvidea).

I've googled the above phrase and it is a problem various people have
had, but none of them supply any useful answers. I was hoping someone
could explain tty and job control to me. It also seems that busy box is
involved as maybe recent kernels (maybe that's why Vector Linux
installed, DSL seemed to stick on USB detection although there is no
doubt that these run).

HELP!!!

Simon
--