Re: [LUG] Helping newbies

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:19:26 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But wasn't the idea of getting people to try VirtualBox on Windows, so
> they could still run Windows but give Linux a try without having to
> dual boot?
>
> (Personally I think dishing out Live CDs would be easier than trying
> to explain how to use VirtualBox for non-techie users).
>
> Rob

Oh dear, I wish now I had chosen another example. I was just trying to
show that I, with a little experience of Linux, could sort out the
problems of installing a program easily, whereas a newbie might
struggle. Problems for newbies can occur in many situations is what I
was trying to suggest.

Neil Winchurst