Re: [LUG] How much RAM

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 12:13, Rob Beard wrote:

> You might actually be worth having a look at http://www.Crucial.com/uk
> as if you have a pre-built branded system (for instance Dell, Packard
> Bell etc) you'll be able to match the model number and it will tell
> you EXACTLY what memory you need.  You can also select the motherboard
> manufacturer and model number to have a suggestion of what memory to
> choose.

About 3 years or so ago I decided to double the RAM in my laptop. When I
looked at Crucial I nearly died of shock at the price they were asking.
Looked at the handbook (should've looked first), only to find that generic
RAM was recommended. Misco provided PNY RAM at almost half the price of
Crucial's offering.  The laptop is still working happily as are all the boxes
that I've built using PNY RAM over the years.

--
W. Devon