Re: [LUG] Asus announce the 42" EeeTV

Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Does anyone have a large LCD TV - I've been looking at them and have yet to
> find one that has a decent screen - I can see the pixels on all of them from
> over 10' away. Screen quality is sooooooo much less than even a vga monitor.
> Alright if you live next to the Jones' I guess.
> Tom te tom te tom

I think part of it is down to the source it's displaying.  My dad has
a 32" LCD from Aldi (it's a Tevion model I think).  When playing
standard def stuff through scart or using the built in freeview the
quality is to but it nicely, awful!

Playing stuff in Hi-Def though or using a laptop running Ubuntu it
actually looks crisp and clear, a bit like a big flat screen monitor
in a way.

Problem for my dad, he hasn't got anything in hi-def to use on it yet
so the only demonstration he had was some BBC HD clips playing off my
laptop.

Rob