Re: [LUG] OT now was Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:27:57 +0000
> Clare Shepherd <clareeshepherd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Clare,
>
>> factory is a fantastic, even if some passages make me feel
>> squeamish, bok.
>              ^^^
> Thinly disguised Monty Python advert?   :-)

Ian M Banks is THE MAN. I find Ian Banks unreadable, but the Culture
novels kick started Brit Space Opera. Ian M has said in interviews that
The Culture is a sci fied version of the Harold Wilson labour years,
optimism etc etc. I cannot comprehend how these books could be
considered difficult or anything but brilliant...

Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk