[LUG] Windows, BBC iPlayer & FairUse4WM

Hi

this is a slightly weird thing and was wondering if anyone else has
experienced it?

I have XP running on VMserver and have been downloading progs from the
BBC iPlayer. These I strip of the DRM using FairUse4WM so I can play
them with kaffeine.

I am finding that if I try and view a directory with one of these files
in it using explorer I get an error message and the whole system (XP)
freezes! I have gotten around this by using a file browser called File
Commander, but it does consistently happen. Once the downloaded file is
removed explorer is OK again.

Is this a "security" enhancement to try and prevent people doing what
I'm doing? Or is it some sort of bug unique to my set-up?

Simon

--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk