Re: [LUG] Forum on things open source

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:27:12 +0000
Rob Beard wrote:

> james kilty wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 19:29 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >

> >> 2. use openoffice.org impress, and import the presentation,  may
> >> be the solution using all open source software.
> >>
> > I had a friend send me his presentation to a conference and the
> > formatting was substantially awry. If I wanted to use it I'd have
> > to redo every page.
> >

> That wouldn't be a problem though if the presentation was made in OOo
> Impress :-)
>
> Rob

I have to agree with James - MSPowerPoint files do not open nicely in
OOoImpress.  Although it is true that had the file been created in
OOoInpress it would open far cleaner in OOoImpress, it is essentially
the same argument that MSOffice people like to take:

    "Well, it'd've open fine if you used Microsoft Office"

and as such I personally don't think it's something that should be
promoted.

Just my 2 pence.

Grant.