Re: [LUG] OT now was Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On 18 Jan 2008, at 22:58, Ray Smith wrote:

> Oops. Send button too close to the punctuation key.
> What I meant to say was I wonder if its common that sci-fi is
> related to geeks & linux.
> Regardless of gender.
>
> Ray.

Cory Doctorow, the EFF & SF writer guy says that SF is really about
the present based on something said by Gibson (Necromancer etc.). He
says that SF explains the present in terms of technological
potential. Maybe being geekish makes one, whatever sex, interested in
the potential, therefore in SF. I suppose it's the difference between
having one's sight lined up on the future or in the past. I'll be
interested in what others think, Ray

Clare