[LUG] E-gov projects, OpenID and ID Cards

Hey,

I'm a proud owner of a ID Card (Estonian ID card to be exact). Anyway,
I've been reading a lot lately about government not going opensource
and so on and so on. I've been using my ID Card quite often for
e-banking, digital signing, other e-services and also e-government
services. Ok, none of these services are in the UK but still.

Last night i stumbled over OpenID project on The Register (
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/19/yahoo_openid/ ) and got a
seemingly stupid idea. Why not get our own developers together and
start a co-project like OpenIDCard or something. I personally like the
idea of having a changeable pin code for my card and the possibility
to login to any service (libraries, e-gov, yahoo and other thousands
of sites) with the same card. This could make the life at least so
much easier, that I could bin my 3 different library cards and lots of
other membership cards. And the best thing would be that you also have
a username and password in case you loose or forget your card.

Any ideas?

--
Sincerely,
Jaan Jänesmäe