Re: [LUG] Ubuntu training material

Tom

>> I want to see if the DocBook stuff (if it exists) is useable on screen
- it often isnt.

Get on quite well with Docbook via Firefox and
http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/ (an OSS project
I've been involved with. The project owner hasn't released a version with
all the latest additions for a while but you can get it all in CVS - or I
can mail you a copy of mine which has extra nice stuff too)

The main problem is when the Docbook project has been split into sections.
There's quite a good XSL stylesheet at Docbook.org that flattens such
projects. There are other issues with entities but from experience the XSL
sorts that out too. That just leave character entities which Firefox
doesn't like - quick find/replace of the ISO-8859-1 Entity Names with
their equivalent Entity Numbers fixes that.

FYI, I have a Docbook Outline Sidebar for Firefox at
http://www.myrnham.co.uk/courseware/download.html. It gives you an
interactive tree view of your document in Firefox's Sidebar.

Martin