Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On 17 Jan 2008, at 22:46, Martinus Scriblerus wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2008 3:35 PM, Viv <viv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I know that this may bring forth some contraversial comments but, am
>> genuinely interested in what people think about this.
>>
>> We don't seem to have very many female members - off hand, I can't
>> think
>> of more than Clare, Gemma and myself (I apologise if I have missed
>> anyone). However, certainly we are in a significant minority.
>
> My daughter uses Linux - mainly for Tux Racer, Supertux and similar
> penguin related games. Of course she is 10 but I hope she will get to
> know more than just the games.

I'm sure that she and youngsters like her are the way forward. After
all, Microsoft are getting worse (Vista anyone?) as far as the end
user is concerned. She obviously has a "better educated father", -
lucky girl.

Clare