[LUG] Plymouth University

Hello list

I just joined the list this week, so please bear with me if this has already
been answered.

Do any of you work at Plymouth Uni? I've set up my machine there to dual boot
and it would help to compare notes with anyone else who's tried this.

Some people were asking about KDE4. I tried it out on openSuSE 10.3 and Ubuntu
Gutsy - found it installed much more easily on Ubuntu and the resulting
desktop worked better. But openSuSE seem to be having server problems just
now. As yet there are few KDE4 applications and the ones present are not
always as useful as the KDE3 ones (eg. I can easily log into my workplace
with KDE3's konqueror but not KDE4's). At this stage KDE4 mainly re-uses the
KDE3 applications. Have to wait for KDE4.1 ...

BW

Rod Sheaff

--
'Dunsland',