Re: [LUG] PC sharing

george wrote:
> 1. Should I still be trying to use Samba, or LISA, zero config service
> discovery (whatever that is) or what?  If I know for sure what works well
> I'll put in the effort to find how to do it.

I would have thought NFS would be the way to go.  Not having networked
Linux to Linux myself I'm not 100% on the technicalities but that would
be how I would go bout it.  Also I would consider installing an
application such as webmin to make set-up and administration easier.
Having said that if you're happy tinkering with shell commands I'm sure
someone here can point you in the right direction.
> 2. The printer is an HP5150 USB, no ethernet.  I have seen USB to RJ45
> adapters. Using one of these could I connect directly to the router rather
> than the PC?  (Seems too easy to me.)

Not sure on that, but a router with 1 (or more) USBs for the purpose of
connecting the printer would also do the job.

Kind regards,

Julian