[LUG] Dual DHCP/DNS

Hello everyone.
I've made a mess of my DNS now (well, it's been a mess for a while, but
I've now discovered the problems it's been causing).

Here's the situation:
Speedtouch ADSL router, providing DHCP and DNS server.
My server- also had a DHCP and DNS server, but I've had to switch the
DHCP off because it was seemingly random which DHCP server any computer
would get a lease from.

I can't turn off the DHCP and DNS server on the router, because at any
given point in time I might break my server, and the rest of my family
needs internet access.

This is fine, except that the DNS server on the router is a bit broken
and postfix doesn't like it. So my server has to use it's own DNS. Which
leads to a problem. The hostnames which get added dynamically by the
router do not show up on the server.

This leaves a few possible solutions:
1. Somehow convince the router to update the server's DNS with dynamic
leases (I don't think this is possible).
2. Turn on both the server's and the router's DHCP servers, but make the
servers DHCP override the router's if it's available.
3. Tell the server to use the router's DNS, but for local queries only.

Anyone know how to do any of the above, or even if they are possible?
Thanks.
Simon