Re: [LUG] USB stick distros/images

> Anyone recommend a bootable USB image, that is suitable for rescuing
> systems? Or other cool stuff to do with it.

Another option is DSL. <http://damnsmalllinux.org/>

I've used that one before. It's actually designed to fit on one of those little business card CD's rather than a USB stick, though there are instructions to do just that.
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_to_a_USB_Flash_Drive

You may like to have a look at this article I found on miniature distros. It's a little dated now, but the info on it is still pretty relevant.
http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/467