Re: [LUG] freeview stick

-----Original Message-----

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 13:33 +0000, james kilty wrote:
> Hello Ray
>
> I am a bit clueless about these things but does it have its own arial
> built in? What make etc is it?
>
> Happy New Year.

I really don't know why I try to email from my phone !
Just to clarify it's an happuage wintv nova stick that came with a
useless mini aerial that found no channels in windows or linux.
An unamplified indoor aeriel gave me about 22 tv stations including all
the bbc and itv channels,E4,film4 etc.
Can't get channel 5 but can't get that on analogue either and in my area
only those with a high gain rooftop aeriel get chan 5 anyway.
Once the firmware file is obtained and put in the correct location
(ubuntu wiki has a guide) then it's normally picked up when plugged in
or on system start and kaffeine can make use of it.
Kaffeine records show with its own file suffix but is actually mpeg2
that avidmux or lives seem to be happy with for editing or converting.
mplayer can handle the dvb recorded stream as well so all good.

Ray