[LUG] Printer Report - HP Photosmart C6280

Couldn't resist buying this as it was going for £100 in Comet. This is
one of those printer, scanner, copiers with network (ethernet not
wireless) capability.

It is supported by the latest versions of HPLIP (2.7.9 and above) which
seems not to have made it into many distributions yet, however the nice
people over at HP Linux Imaging and Printing have put up a scripted
installer which should work for quite a few distributions
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
I used this installer on my Kubuntu 7.10 system and it worked for me -
as always your mileage may vary.

As far as I can tell so far, and I haven't had more than an hour to test
it, the machine does everything it should under Linux.  Scans to The
Gimp via xsane and has printed everything as I expected with the
exception that I have not pursuaded it to print completely borderless on
photo paper.

This was tested with the printer connected to my desktop computer via
usb.  I have not yet tested it as a network printer.

Tony