Re: [LUG] sound card driver

On Saturday 29 December 2007 21:15:39 Neil Stone wrote:
> So you know Debian.. but installed SuSE ??
>
> the same theory applies, load the correct module and you're away..

If you use a modern distro (SuSE 9.1 is nearly four years old), you may find
that the driver is included, so you won't need to worry about compiling
it.
It's been a while since I've used SuSE properly, but if you start YaST2 and
find the package management option, you should see the various packages
listed under the Development group and you'll be able to install them as
necessary. IIRC SuSE always used to install this stuff by default.

That's still no guarantee the driver will work - unless the driver is as
old
as the distro you may find that it'll only work with kernels newer than SuSE
9.1 has...

Regards,
David.

THanks David...WOW not again. THis is feeling distinctly like deja vu. I
can't keep up. iT WOULD SEEM THAT MY DISTRO IS ALWAYS OUT OF DATE. THe driver
is probably as old as the distro. Hopefully it will work
THanks for getting back.....
CHeers JOn DAVEY.