[LUG] Partitioning Dual Boot

Hi Folks,

I have a windows XP machine for the other half and I to play games on,
and, having shoved a new gfx card in it, and would like to take a pop
at dual booting ubuntu to see what Cedega is like (so I can lose XP
altogether).

I defragged the HD, and again, and then a third time, but there's
still chunks of blue all the way to the edge.  It seems the XP defrag
tool doesn't shove the data to the start end of the disk to facilitate
resizing any more.

Anyone know of a good and reliable OSS tool out there that will resize
whilst squeezing the data a little?

Tel.