Re: [LUG] video camera software

M-jpeg is just a stream of jpeg files stuck together. I presume it has a web
interface? I would have a look at that in firebug and see where the streaming
images come from. Then write some code to read the url. See what you get. You
should be able to determine the image size from the HTTP headers. I would use
Python and PIL to break up the stream into stills and save them to disk. It
is a few lines of code.

We did a video doorbell just like that earlier in the year. You press the
doorbell and it emails you a still from the webcam. It was for a demo, but
the contractor (who now has my job) broke it all, and it never got fixed.

Oh, wait. Some software that someone else has written?

:) D