[LUG] co-operative spam filter

For a while I used a co-operative span filter until they decided to charge
silly amounts for it.
IRC it worked by the client sending information to a central server db about
mail subjects and addressees. If you marked a mail as spam this information
was collected centrally and then updated the other clients.
It worked pretty well - especially around xmas. How do people know about my
inadequacies in the wedding dept?
Has anyone heard of similar for KMail or other linux mail client or server?
Tom te tom te tom