Re: [LUG] Debian install messing with disk partitions

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 15:27 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> John Horne wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 12:54 +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
> >> You might want to start the installer in "expert" mode to give you greater
> >> control over the process.
> >>
> > Nope, made no difference. At the disk partitioning point the expert mode
> > is the same as the standard installer.
>
> You sound like you are still using Autopartitioning. You need to use Manual:

Nope, I'm using 'manual' partitioning.

I have now even told it to create a second logical partition taking up
the rest of the disk space (around 40GB). It went ahead and
repartitioned the disk correctly. I then went back and told it not to
use the partition - I did not touch any other partition. The installer
deleted the partition *and* changed the initial extended partition down
to 10GB.

John.