Re: [LUG] Simple serverside mail filtering...

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:24:25 +0000, "Mike Martin" wrote:
> On 04/12/2007, Neil Williams wrote:
>> Grant Sewell wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I am subscribed to several mailing lists and would like an easy way to
>> > filter the incoming messages to be delivered to separate IMAP folders.
>> >
>> > My current setup is as follows:
>> > 1) Messages are sent to xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (where the xxxx is
> specific
>> > to the mailing list).
>> > 2) @mydomain.co.uk is a fordwarding account to my ISP account.
>> > 3) Mail is retrieved every 5 minutes from my ISP via POP (using
> getmail).
>> > 4) Mail is delivered to an IMAP folder (IMAP served by Dovecot).
>> > 5) I connect to my IMAP mail server and use the email application
>> > (usually Sylpheed or Evolution depending on the workstation in
> question)
>> > to sort/filter messages to their appropriate folders.
>>
>> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=FetchmailMaildropImap
>>
> Depending on how you want them filtered, you could either
>
> setup seperate users
> use  evolution to create IMAP folders, then create a filter to send to
> these folders

Cheers Mike, however I want to have the filtering done on the server, not
at the client end for one simple reason... I sometimes need to use "other"
client applications (including webmail... I'm trying out various suites).
I also want to avoid using seperate users for this as you can (normally)
only login to one user mail account at a time with webmail, unless you have
multiple tabs/windows open... something I wish to avoid.

Cheers.