Re: [LUG] OT digital set top boxes

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi
>
> Just wondered if anyone had any recomendations for digital set top
> boxes,  I would prefer something that has the main channels in order e..g
>
> 1. BBC1
> 2. bbC 2
> 3 itv
> 4 channel 4
> 5 channel 5
>
> some boxes seem to mix all the channels up,  which is not much use
> really,  the tv listings has a number for each channel that should
> correspond properly with the channel number, and actual channel,

I've never seen a Freeview box do that, it always sets the channels up
on the same channel number.  The main channels (1 to 5) are always on
1 to 5, with the digital channels (BBC Three, BBC Four, ITV2 etc)
after that in blocks.

Some of the boxes do allow channels to be re-ordered.

> Yes I have looked at the which site,  and you have to pay for the
> reviews,  hence I am asking here, for personal experiences /
> recommendations.

I have an Echostar box which is a couple of years old now but it's not
that bad.  I also have an original Philips On-Digital box which still
works lovely.

We've installed a cheapo Alba box (about £20 from Tesco I think) in
our Torquay stations newsroom and it works really well even on a set
top aerial.

Rob