Re: [LUG] Bouncing spam...

Hi Neil,

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 08:32:00AM +0000, Neil Stone wrote:
> Am I the only one thinking that having a "postmaster" account that
> bounces what the MTA thinks is spam is a daft idea ??

It is a common oversight to forget to disable the antispam measures
for the role accounts, yes.

> This morning I emailed "postmaster@xxxxxxxx" which was bounced.. with
> the same email...

If you believe that the bounce is because caused by content (as
opposed to your IP address or something) then perhaps you could zip
the content and attach it.  Not ideal, but might allow you to get
the message through so that hopefully somene can fix their broken
system.

If you're not sure why it was bounced, maybe you could paste it here
so we can see (with identifying email addresses removed, I would
suggest).

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB