Re: [LUG] Forwarding

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:29:30 +0000
Martijn wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007 11:12 AM, Grant Sewell wrote:
> > Likewise, when replying to stuff on the GLUG... since all public GLUG messages
> > (as opposed to messages sent 'offlist') are archived and publically searchable,
> > having email addresses and names in plain sight is just asking for the odd phish.
>
> The archive on dcglug.org.uk replaces the hostname of the email
> address by a series of x'es.

*Grant looks sheepish*  Shows how often I use the archive. :s

Still, *content* isn't replaced, so it's worth thinking about what you're typing
anyway.  IP addresses (& to a lesser extent, resolvable hostnames).  Although they
are readily available to anyone *receiving* list messages, it might be worth
thinking before you put them in the body of a message.

--Grant