Re: [LUG] Asus, again : Wifi Antenna

On Thursday 29 November 2007 19:16:49 Tom Potts wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 18:15, Rob Beard wrote:
> > Do you have a link?
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/
> currently 2nd article  down on the RHS
>
> > Are Asus trying to get GPLv3 code re-licensed as GPLv2?
>
> I must confess battle fatigue on this one but PJ is normally pretty
> reliable. I'd recommend the single malt solution - I think its just Asus
> having a few problems getting their act together. It looks like their
> trying their best but they've a few things to fix.
> Drink malt, wait a while, when the dust has settled and they're fully GPL
> compliant you can get on with the more serious task of working out whether
> you can really utilise one of these things ... I've already got to the
> stage of working out where to put a wifi mast so I can use this while
> working in the polytunnel - I'm a farmer and I really really want one!
> Can you die from viral marketing?
> Tom te tom te tom

I always wondered about these. Just a parabola I guess.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/09/flatenna_wi-fi_booster/

There are a host of different designs you might try

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448
http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/has.html
http://flakey.info/antenna/biquad/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tom1572/eng/
http://martybugs.net/wireless/biquad/
http://martybugs.net/wireless/biquad/double.cgi

You can get 10km out of a big parabolic dish apparently.

Rob Flickenger wrote a good book on all this stuff

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0596005024