Re: [LUG] Python OOP

On Thursday 29 November 2007 17:33, Dave Berkeley wrote:
> Forth! I loved that language. It is brilliant. But that was 20 years ago.
> Chuck Moore is a genius.
Try APL for REALLY concise though......

> http://www.colorforth.com/
>
> He even designed his own chips to run the language. A friend of mine built
> his own retro computer out of TTL that ran Forth. Forth works much faster
> with a different CPU architecture (separate stack and data buses).
One of my mates at uni built a z80 out of ttl - boy that was quick - and BIG!

> http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/Mk1/Architecture.htm
>
> Python is way cleaner than Perl. But Ruby is the way to salvation for Perl
> programmers isn't it? Not Python.
It shouldn't matter what language you use - they all tend to accumulate the
best bits of other languages as time goes by and they can generally all
express the same things one way or another. The CLI/.NET languages (C# etc)
are probably the 'cleanest' in certain respects as they were designed with
all the 'modern gizmos' from the bottom up. And nothing comes close to Visual
Studio in term of making it easy for you. Shame its not GPL and cross
platform.
Ruby looks to be the most programmer friendly language I've seen in the FLOSS
world ... until mono gets a debugger (runs and jumps into concrete
underground bunker......)
Tom te tom te tom