Re: [LUG] migrating to Linux

CHRISTOPHER BERRY wrote:
> I'd agree! Being something of a Linux ignoramus I have found the monthly
> LXF Linux Format magazine the easiest to follow! Some mags are written
> in a foreign tongue at my level of knowledge!!
> I have just installed Kubuntu 7.10 and have been greatly impressed - a
> prob with the apt-get manager now resolved, BUT what do I do about
> libdvdcss? Go without!?
> Have a good day,
> Grandad B

You can get libdvdcss (and the w32codecs) from Medibuntu.  You can find
the instructions here:

http://www.medibuntu.org/

You just need to add the Medibuntu repositories and the GPG key (the
instructions are on the Repositories link - just pick Ubuntu 7.10).

You can then add libdvdcss2 from Synaptic or by running the command...

sudo apt-get install libdvdcss2

Hope this helps.

Rob