Re: [LUG] Asus EEPC - naughty naughty!!

Neil Williams wrote:

> Make good on the promise in the GPL to make the source code available to
> anyone who asks. In practice, that means fixing the website because
> posting a CD/DVD to everyone who asks is going to be prohibitively
> expensive.

They'd only need to ship to people who bought the laptop from them,
since that is all the GPL requires.

Since not all laptop buyers would want the source code, I doubt it would
be prohibitively expensive. It might even be cheaper than having it on a
website, given bandwidth costs, and that bots exist that will download
it anyway.....

Either way preparing the content is likely far more expensive than
distribution of the content.