Re: [LUG] Asus EEPC - naughty naughty!!

Paul Sutton wrote:

> It looks tempting, esp given the price, so thats two potential
> customers,   who may not bother unless the gpl is complied to properly.

The author hasn't established (as far as I can tell) that a GPL
violation is happening.

The author had not contacted them to ask for code, there is nothing in
the GNU GPL v2 that says that you have to put code on a website for free
download, just that you have to make it available when it is requested
by people who you supplied copies to.

The key area is what they do when requested, and in the case of a
hardware supplier like ASUS there is little incentive to try and keep
the software proprietary, since improved ASUS support means they sell
more hardware.