Re: [LUG] Forums

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 9:02 AM,  <roobarb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Posted by "Tim Blackley" <roobarb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Feel free to visit the forums, and register, if you like!
>> Here's the link:
>>
>> http://black.tekmagik.net/phpBB2/index.php
>>

> Ohh i think you've opened Pandora's box :-)
>
> I can't stand forums, i would not read any of it if it went to a forum.
>
> I have thunderbird sort the DCLUG mails into a folder and I always
> view them threaded in that folder. Yes sometimes i only skim or don't
> read entire threads as there is a lot of mail there and i only have so
> much time. But i can skim my inbox and sub folders in a fraction of
> the time it takes me to skim a forum.
>
> Thats just my view, but i've got a feeling this may start a healthy discussion!
>
> Robin

I have mixed feelings about the forum/mailing list issue. I think the
forum approach  works well for  very active lists that I don't have time
to read regularly. It stop my mailbox clogging up. For lower traffic
lists I prefer the control I get with email.

What do people think about archiving the list to Nabble. I know we have
our own mail archive but Nabble gives you a forum interface to the list
for free. I find it very useful for keeping up with stuff at work.

Cheers,

Pete