Re: [LUG] Pruning discovery!!

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2007 2:30 PM, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:16:49 +0000
>> "Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Robin,
>>
>>> What sort of dish? old analogue or one of the digital "mini dishes".
>> It doesn't matter, surely?  Either type can deal with digital satellite
>> transmissions.  Mini-dishes are no good for analogue admittedly,
>> because they're too small.
>
> yea, the mini dish is optimised for the satellites used for sky
> digital.  It only just wings enough signal from Astra 1D to get some
> channels. 1D is not the same power as A B or C and contains some of
> the UK only stuff. Its transmit footprint is optimized for UK only.
> Also your trying to hit the center point of 4 satellites that don't
> all transmit at the same power level, etc  :-(
>
> I am not sure about the LMB's and any frequency ranges etc so i don't
> know if *any old* LMB will work for digital and analogue, it may do
> and may not.
>
> Robin

Thats interesting, I can get about 600 channels on my Sky Minidish on
19.2 degrees east (the old Astra satellite) but nowt on 28.2/28.5
degrees (Sky Digital Astra & Eurobird).

I think you'd need a universal LNB to get digital.  If it's old or
you're not sure, get a new one, they're only about a tenner.

Rob