Re: [LUG] Pruning discovery!!

On Nov 20, 2007 9:46 AM, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Behind a tatty rose I have found a Sky satellite dish!!! This may explain
> regular but confused calls from sky!!!
> Is there an easy way to point it at the freeview satellite and anyone know a
> decent PCI card so I can go 'OOOH look lots of definition no content!'
> Tom te tom te tom

What sort of dish? old analogue or one of the digital "mini dishes".

If its a mini dish then if you can get a sky receiver you can get the
free to air channels. You do need an old viewing card or a sky/bbc??
free to air card. I think one of the reasons for this is for regional
programs on BBC and ITV, probably some license agreement somewhere
causing this.

If its old analogue, then again you need a analogue reciever but there
are still loads of free channels up there somewere, although they may
all be german.

I think there are also digital channels on other satellites. Not sure
if the sky receiver is capable of getting them or not, or if a mini
dish has a big enough gain to get them.

Robin