[LUG] Speaker on Open Source, OT?

Posted by "Tom Moore" <aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi

I hope this is not considered off topic. I see it as an opportunity to widen
awareness for linux and open source.....

I am currently studying for an MA in 3D design at University College Falmouth.  As
part of this research I am organising a a networking event for companies working in
Cornwall's thriving eco-sector.

One of the themes of this forum will be to explore opportunities  for a more open
attitude towards innovation and design. The concept of open Innovation, which has
its roots in the open software movement,  and Creative Commons licenses which have
become standard throughout the media industry, offer potential workable models for
the rapid sharing and development of ideas. It is expected that such an attitude
towards innovation could quickly provide much needed solutions to some of the
environmental problems we are facing today.

I have  a number of confirmed speakers and events planed but I am now looking for
someone who can give an inspirational talk on an open source, open innovation,
collaborative design or a creative commons theme.  Does anyone have any ideas? more
information is available at the click of a linux mouse.

Kind regards
Aaron Moore
--

Generated by the contributors page